>Wow, it’s only been about a couple of weeks since I felt that God wanted me to take my writing seriously and I’ve learned so much.
- I’ve figured out how to write a query and follow the rules while still making it (well, hopefully) intriguing.
- I’ve realized that rewrites are more than a necessary evil, they are just going to be part of my daily life!
- I’ve learned that if I can tell my story to an 11 year old, I can write a synopsis. I’ve got a pair of those to help me with that!
- I’ve proven that I can’t write with music or TV blaring and when my dogs are in the house, just forget it!
- I’ve learned that my writing just doesn’t quite measure up unless I allow my Lord to take an active part in what I’m doing.
I still have a lot to learn, though, most of which I don’t even know I need to know, yet. But I’m walking this path with a Guide! I look forward to meeting other authors, soon, at local meetings and I’ll likely learn more of what I should already know, then.
In the meantime, I’m gonna do a little reading. Good literature is the best teacher and I’ve downloaded several newly published novels to try out!