What a great week full of HOPE and joy!
My weekender has stories about:
- Articles of inspiration and writing
- A review of last week’s blog articles at Faith-Driven Fiction
- My Sunday ROW80 Update
- A preview of articles and specials coming next week
My articles at Faith-Driven Fiction last week included some information about my latest non-writing project on Monday and a link to a website where I’ve been compiling Medieval research for a theme prom coming up in few months. Tuesday’s blog was about Charming Characters like Scarlet O’Hara and Han Solo. I was shocked to see another article about these very characters at The Write Practice Website. And what a great find that website was! On Wednesday, a challenge I’ve been feeling from my writing buddies and the blog likeachildforJesus made it’s way into my ROW80 update, setting a need for me to be serious about my priorities. My writing students got a Writing Tip on Thursday about avoiding insults and other poor writing practices. Friday, I got to interview Staci Stallings whose book, Cowboy delighted the tar out of me a couple of weeks ago. Check out my Review!
- Monday, unless I can settle my brain into a ready frenzy, I’m going to share some books that I’m looking forward to reading when they come out.
- Tuesday is A2Z meme post. The week’s letter is D and I’m hoping to have a couple of special guests, maybe even an Vlog?
- Wednesday will be my next update and I’ll be adding a new goal.
- Thursday, for my Writer Tip, I’ll be highlighting Continuity.
- Friday, Lillian Duncan will be visiting with her book Deception.
This past week, I took the plunge and submitted one of my novels for inspection by a professional. At first, I was a little nervous, but after encouragement from my critique groups with several authors who “have been there” many times over, I’m no longer holding my breath. I don’t think I was wrong in my submission. I needed to take this next step, even though I don’t really expect much to come of it. At least I’ll be able to say that I’ve done it and the leap won’t be so great the next time around.
My ROW80 Goals are still being maintained. Just in the past few days, I’ve readied my manuscript for a special opportunity, outlined the start of a new novel idea, and structured my newest suspense. I’m not sure I’ll complete all my revisions by this week because I’ve been doing some sections over and over, but I hope to be done by Valentine’s Day. We’ll see. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with my goals. I’ve been able to check off several so far and maintain others while still putting my priorities into play. It’s funny how things settle perfectly when I put my focus where it belongs. The only goal I failed this week is reading a book to review on Monday. I just can’t settle my brain into anything because I have three different stories running through my mind already. There’s not enough room!
Here are the other folks involved in the ROW80 blog hop. Stop by and say, “Howdy!”