Last week, I shared the suggestions from Christian Publishing experts at what to bring to conference. Many suggested items of personality that I didn’t originally think about. And since I wrote the article, I’ve read several others that echo the need for one thing in particular. I wonder if you can pick it out from my conglomeration list of the ten main things I’m bringing to the ACFW Conference in a couple of weeks.
- File folders filled with the items that the agents I’ll be meeting with would like to see
- A positive, helpful attitude and a good sense of humor
- Plenty of Business Cards (Freebies at Vista print! I got mine in only 7 days!)
- A teachable spirit – even the most experienced have things they need to learn
- Extra one sheets, synopses, and sample chapters – for those God-made appointments
- Note-taking materials (I’m bringing both a notepad and my Ipad just to be sure!)
- Comfortable shoes – I have a feeling we’ll be walking and standing a LOT.
- Layers for cold/hot rooms – since we are at the mercy of the hotel for our comfort
- Extra money for the bookstore or for snacks
- Advil – I hope I won’t need it, but spending the weekend “on ice” with a faulty back confirms the need
All of the above things are necessary. That’s why they’re on my list. (And yes, I’m planning on bringing each!) But the item that is most suggested by the experts is …
… going to be the subject of my post next week! (I know. That was mean!) But this topic deserves more than just a brief mention.
Your Turn: check out the list again and tell me which one you think SHOULD be the most important thing to bring to the ACFW conference. Or maybe you have a different idea?