Woohoo! A Ruby Christmas debuts today! There’s so much to do and so much to see!
- If you haven’t read today’s chapter, go check out chapter 1 on the Write Integrity Press blog.
- It’s game time! Join us in A Ruby Christmas Pinterest contest. Find today’s link at Ruby’s special Pinterest board or you can use this direct link to the TEXAS photo! You know you want to play! The prize of $400 in books goes to the winner!
- Co-author Fay Lamb posted some insight on her Inner Source blog
- Visit the blog by today’s chapter’s author, J.A. Marx
- An interview with co-author Dianne Butts on her blog
- Here’s another guest post with more information about today’s author
- And a special post by our CONTEST WINNER, Phee Paradise
Whew! A LOT going on for Ruby’s boot-scootin’ kickoff. But you can be sure to find a follow-up article to every day’s chapter right here on Faith~Driven Fiction. Read the daily chapter, then come be inspired – and definitely share some of your inspiration!
In Chapter 1, Ruby faces a daunting task for a girl like her. A task she doesn’t want to embrace. In fact, she’d rather do just about anything else, even though it was her own daddy whom she trusted who asked her.
Have you ever felt that way? Sure that you are supposed to be doing something that you’d rather not be doing. You’re stretched so far out of your comfort zone, that you’re ready to pull a Jonah and run in the exact opposite direction.
Let me tell you, no matter how frightening, stressing, or draining your task seems, you will find more joy doing that task than you will avoiding it. You’ll also use less energy than if you procrastinate.
And if the Father is the One who called you to action, then you can be sure He will provide a way for you to do the task He’s given you.
Your Turn: To what task are you being called?