I’ve been setting up scrapbook pages for my daughter’s senior book, lately. I never considered that our family had all that many traditions, but boy, do we ever!
- Visiting the Santa at North Park Mall (yes, even with teenagers) and the peanut reindeer that have been there since I was a little girl.
- Touring lights all over town – the Gaylord Texan, Highland Park, Farmers Branch Historical Park, even Santaland out toward Tyler.
- Watching Christmas movies, Christmas Story, Polar Express, White Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Making gifts for friends and family – we always end up making something!
- Christmas Eve Candle-lighting service.
This year, my family spent the first half of the month performing in a musical together. What an amazing time! My girls joined me last year. I hope this isn’t the last time we can do this all together.
I know this is a short post, but I’m about to enjoy another tradition: family game night. This time with Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships. I delight in sharing my love of mysteries with my girls. (I think we might be up a little late! Who can go to sleep during the middle of a mystery? LOL!) I’ll be sharing a new book review next week, but for now, Merry Christmas!
Your Turn: What is your favorite Christmas tradition?