This year, Sweet Hubby and I celebrate 29 years. Wow. Has it been that long? I don’t feel that old, but one look in my mirror proclaims it was’t just yesterday! It’s funny how big events like that can
become huge bookmarks in our lives. Think about it. If you’re married, here’s a little quiz:
- Do your remember your first Christmas together?
- Where did you go on your first vacation? (Not the honeymoon.)
- What free time activity did y’all share? (TV show, board games, or other things that stand out in your memory.)
- What was the easiest thing about marriage to get used to?
- How long did it take you to get used to the thing you liked least about marriage? (Or was there anything you liked least?)
And not just weddings. I tend to use pictures of my kids to identify years and major life events. “This one was before glasses, or after middle teeth came out, or before braces but after teenage growth spurt, etc.”
This weekend we get to add another chapter to our life-story. The marriage of one of my children. Wow. This is a totally new experience. Dear Son and his delightful bride-to-be are handling everything so well. I’ve so enjoyed watching how they have taken on different challenges together. Not without stress, but encouraging one another and working things out.
I hope I don’t bawl! But I’m not counting on it!
Stand by to hear more about Dear Boy and Sweet Girl! What a precious couple they make!
Your Turn: Did you have answers to any of the quiz questions?